#Eurovision #favorites #bookmakers #win
EUROVISION 2022. The international singing competition takes place live from Turin this Saturday, May 14, 2022. Candidates, favorites, bookmakers, we summarize everything you need to know.
- Eurovision is broadcast tonight, Saturday May 14, 2022. The European singing contest is broadcast live on France 2 from 9:00 p.m.
- who are the candidates of Eurovision 2022? We will find 25 countries on the Turin stage on Saturday night. Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Sweden qualified in the last semi-final. They join Switzerland, Armenia, Iceland, Lithuania, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Ukraine, Moldova and the Netherlands, as well as members of the Big Five who have already qualified (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom), in the final .
- Ukraine is the favorite for Eurovision 2022. According to bookmakers’ predictions, Ukraine has a good chance of being crowned the winner this year thanks to the Kalesh Orchestra’s song “Stefania”. Due to the invasion of the country, Russia was excluded from the competition this year.
- Who are the candidates from France? The group Alvan & Ahez was chosen during the competition Eurovision France: you decide to represent France at Eurovision. These Breton singers will perform the song “Fullen” (“spark” or “girl” in Breton) on stage in Turin. The bookmakers do not predict a good qualification for France and our representatives. We would have a less than 1% chance of winning and would finish in 16th place, based on forecasts the day before the competition. Let’s wait to see if these bets are verified with the final classification that will be known in a few hours.
06:44 – Listen to “Fullen”, France’s song for Eurovision
Alvan & Ahez will defend France in Eurovision thanks to the title “Fullen”. In Breton, this word means both “spark” and “pretty girl”, the latter word possibly having the connotation of “swift girl”. “We wanted to take this expression on the wrong foot and carry an emancipatory discourse for women. We sing the story of a young woman who goes out to dance at dusk around a campfire, takes everyone with her, rejecting slanderous looks, ”specifies Marine Lavigne, one of the three young women in the group, in an interview with AFP Listen below to the title that Alvan & Ahez will sing tonight on the Eurovision stage.
06:32 – Who are the French candidates for Eurovision?
On March 5, the program “Eurovision France: it is you who decides” named the French candidate for Eurovision. The Breton group Alvan & Ahez was chosen as the tricolor flag bearer on this occasion. This group consists of Alvan, Marine, Stereen D. and Stereen. They met in 2021 and quickly formed their group, performing their texts during Breton festivals.
06:14 – Where and when to watch Eurovision?
Eurovision takes place in Turin this Saturday, May 14, 2022. The event is broadcast live on France 2 starting at 9 p.m. So simply go to the second channel, or broadcast on the france.tv site, to follow the night on live.
06:00 – Eurovision takes place tonight
It’s the big day: Eurovision returns for its 2022 edition. The final of the international singing contest is broadcast live from Turin this Saturday, May 14, 2022. The most loyal fans of the event have already been able to meet the candidates and their various performances during the semi-finals broadcast a few days earlier.
Eurovision 2022 marks the beginning of May. The final takes place in Turin, this Saturday, May 14, 2022. In France, the event can be followed on France 2 from 9:00 p.m. Previously, two semi-finals allowed twenty candidate countries to be selected for the final. They took place on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 and Thursday, May 12, 2022, a few days before the winner of this 66th edition was announced.
France is represented by the Breton group Alvan and Ahez at Eurovision 2022. There are four members in this formation: the female trio Ahez Marine Lavigne, Sterenn Diridollou and Sterenn Le Guillou and the musician Alexis Morvan-Rosius, known as Alvan. They were selected on March 5, during the “Eurovision France: it’s you who decides” program. The tricolor group performs on the Turin stage the song “Fulenn”, which means, in Breton, both “spark” and “pretty girl”. It has been since 1977 and Marie Myriam’s victory that France has not won Eurovision.
We still don’t know the Eurovision 2022 ranking. Last year, the Italian group Maneskin won the singing contest with 524 points, saved mainly by public votes. She was ahead of France and Barbara Pravi (2nd with 499 points) and Switzerland (3rd, 432 points) on the podium. The top of the ranking was completed by Iceland (378 points), Ukraine (364 points) and Finland (301 points). Below, you will find in detail the latest Eurovision ranking.
- Italy (524 points)
- France (499 points)
- Switzerland (432 points)
- Iceland (378 points)
- Ukraine (364 points)
- Finland (301 points)
- Malta (255 points)
- Lithuania (220 points)
- Russia (204 points)
- Greece (170 points)
- Bulgarian (170 points)
- Portugal (153 points)
- Moldova (115 points)
- Sweden (109 points)
- Serbia (102 points)
- Cyprus (94 points)
- Israel (93 points)
- Norway (75 points)
- Belgium (74 points)
- Azerbaijan (65 points)
- Albanian (57 points)
- San Marino (50 points)
- Netherlands (11 points)
- Spain (6 points)
- Germany (3 points)
- United Kingdom (0 points)