#Ride #longer #solar #energy #accumulated #Garmin #Edge #Solar #Tinynews
It’s a great day for cycling lovers! Garmin today introduces the Edge® 1040 Solar Bike GPS, featuring solar charging and multi-band GNSS technology. Harnessing the power of the sun, the Edge 1040 Solar gives users even more range between charges, while multi-band GNSS technology provides more accurate GPS positioning in challenging environments such as dense urban areas or forested areas.
Packed with cutting-edge navigation, performance, safety and connectivity features, the Edge 1040 Solar offers a completely revamped and modernized user experience, making it easier for passengers to access key information, customize their home page, enhance the route summary and much more. .
Former Belgian goalkeeper and sponsor of the 1,000 km Kom op tegen Kanker (fight against cancer), Geert De Vlieger, regularly rides his bike. Therefore, his Edge is essential for him:
“I often have fun drawing routes on maps, and then I can see the ‘artwork’ I just made. It is essential that I follow my route carefully, which is where the Edge Bike GPS comes in! I also use my Edge to train based on my power zones. My Rally pedals are connected to my Edge, so I can easily see what zone I’m in. And I also use the screen to keep an eye on my reversing radar signals – safety first! With many cycling projects planned this summer, not having to worry about battery life is essential. I wonder who will give up first: The Edge or me. »
New features to meet user needs.
Designed by cyclists for cyclists, the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar Cycling GPS features innovative advancements in technology and performance, including:
- solar charge : the Power Glass solar charging lens™ extends battery life up to 100 hours in battery saver mode.
- Multi-band GNSS technology – Get better positioning accuracy and better coverage, even in the harshest environments.
- Cycling ability and course requirements. : Rank your strengths and weaknesses, focus on your development, and prepare for the demands of a specific path.
- power guide : Recommended power goals make it easy to manage effort throughout a course.
- real-time resistance : Track your stress levels in real time during a trip.
- easy setup : Custom training profiles are prepopulated based on Edge data, training types, and previous sensors. Once set up, you can configure all of your activity profile settings through the Garmin Connect app and sync them directly to your Edge 1040 Solar.
Precise tracking of your performance
Edge 1040 Solar provides a wealth of information to help you improve your performance:
- Information from Firstbeat Analytics™, such as VO2 max, recovery time, training load, training orientation and more, to analyze how your body reacts to your efforts during training.
- you will even receive training tips daily based on your current training load and VO2 max.
- While you’re on the go, the Edge 1040 Solar lets you analyze your body’s reactions to different environments, including acclimatization to heat and altitude, and receive notifications when it’s time to take a break or rehydrate.
- ClimbPro It allows you to know the remaining elevation and slope of each climb when following a course and evaluate your performance on the climbs after the race.
- the MTB measurementsincluding jump count, jump distance, hang time, speed and flow, keep track of the epic details of each run.
- Whether indoors or outdoors, it is possible Automatically sync workouts from Garmin Connect or other training apps, including TrainingPeaks®, directly to the Edge 1040 Solar.
A complete database of maps and routes.
Whether navigating busy cities or exploring remote areas, the Edge 1040 Solar includes advanced navigation tools to help cyclists stay on track:
- the high contrast maps Use the Route Popularity Trendline™ to highlight popular roads and trails based on the billions of miles of trip data other users have uploaded to Garmin Connect.
- the turn by turn navigation and the alerts warn bicyclists of sharp turns ahead.
- Pause route guidance and the offroad notifications to get off the beaten path. Route guidance can be reactivated at any time.
- Discharge Trailfork App Recommended for viewing routes and trail details from over 80 countries.
Combine security and connectivity
Stay securely connected thanks to multiple features:
- Incident detection, support and LiveTrack to allow a rider’s loved ones to track their location in real time, while group messaging and tracking allow riders to stay in touch when separated from the pack.
- The Edge 1040 Solar is compatible with the Varia™ range cyclist awareness devices, such as the new Varia RCT715 reversing radar with camera and rear light, so that cyclists can see, be seen and capture video images during their ride.
- also works with inReach®4 Devices(5) so passengers can view and respond to messages, share ride data and trigger interactive SOS alerts with an active inReach subscription.(6)
- The easily paired with a Tacx® indoor trainer, so cyclists can ride whenever they want.
ready for new adventures
Available now, the Edge 1040 Solar, with a 3.5-inch touchscreen, is available at a suggested retail price of €749.99. The Edge 1040, the non-solar-charged version, is available at the suggested retail price of €599.99.